A few weeks ago I wrote a post about iconic prizes in comping, one of which is the famous Jazz Apple Slicer, which is one that had eluded me up to now. I tweeted the post to the promoters, including @JazzAppleUK and they got in touch to thank me and to offer me a Jazz Apple Slicer of my very own! Yes, they are that lovely, and not just to me. Did you know that The Jazz Apple Foundation have given away £10,000 to good causes promoting healthy living? But their generosity doesn’t stop there; they have also given me a heap of Jazz Apple Slicers to give away to you lovely folk. See below for details of how to enter. If you would like to find out more about Jazz Apples click here to go to their website– there is a great kids section with apple facts and puzzles.
The Apple Slicer is awesome; I do so love a kitchen gadget! It’s so quick and the boys love it- so apple consumption in our house has taken a sharp rise as they keep asking me to chop them an apple! And why not- we really should eat more apples!
Reasons To Get Excited About The Humble Apple
- Apples are super healthy. They are low GI, rich in antioxidants and vitamins and also contain fibre and pectin which can help to lower cholesterol.
- British Apples are in season now. Did you know Jazz Apples are grown in the UK, along with other locations around the world? You can find out about some of the UK growers here.
- Apples are the taste of Autumn, deeply connected with childhood memories of Apple bobbing and toffee apples.
- Apples are endlessly versatile- crunch them whole, juice them, grate them on salad, pop them in a pie or crumble, chop them on your porridge, slice them into a pork casserole, or purée and add to an appletini! Click here for some mouth watering apple recipes.
- With an Apple Slicer, your apple can be prepped in seconds and ready to pop into whatever recipe you like (or straight into your mouth as a tasty snack).
If you are looking for a great seasonal apple recipe to tempt your tastebuds, try my apple and blackberry crumble cake and muffins.
A huge thank you to Jazz Apples for sending me a box of Apple Slicers to give away. All opinions are my own.
I have 23 of these wonderful gadgets to give away to make chopping up all your lovely apples a breeze. To win your own fabulous Jazz Apple Slicer you have two options:
- Leave a comment below telling me, in at least 6 words, your favourite way to eat apples and fill in the Gleam widget. The blog comment is mandatory but you can also get a second entry for following me on Twitter. Ten entrants will be picked at random. If you aren’t familiar with Gleam, have a read of Di Coke’s excellent tutorial on how to enter Gleam giveaways.
- Tweet me an apple-related photo to @CaraB81 with the hashtag #WeLoveJazzApples. This could be a selfie, an apple-based recipe, a cartoon- anything you like on an apple theme. The most original thirteen photos will be lucky for some and will win an apple slicer.
All entries must be received by Monday 23rd October. See below for full T&Cs.
Terms and Conditions
Both the prize draw and photo competition are open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
All entries must be received by midnight on Monday 23rd October 2017.
There will be 23 winners, each receiving one Jazz Apple slicer (as pictured). The prize is as stated and no alternatives can be offered.
To enter entrants must leave a comment, of at least 6 words, on the blog post stating their favourite way to enjoy apples, and complete the Gleam widget, confirming that they have done so. Alternatively, entrants may submit a photo via Twitter to @CaraB81 including the hashtag #WeLoveJazzApples. Entrants may enter both the random prize draw and the photo competition if they wish but will only be eligible to win one prize. Entrants may submit a maximum of two photographs.
Ten winners will be selected at random from all entries correctly submitted via the Gleam widget, and thirteen winners will be chosen from all photos correctly submitted on Twitter. Winning photos will be selected based on originality.
Photos must be the entrant’s own and the entrant must have the permission of any people included. Any offensive content will be disqualified. Copyright of the photographs and any other creative content included in them will remain with the entrant.
Winners will be informed by email or Twitter direct message within 28 days of the closing date, and must respond within 7 days to claim their prize. Prizes will be dispatched within 10 days of receiving winner’s address details.
Winners consent to their name and/or Twitter handle being announced publicly.